ABOUT ADWORDS FUNDAMENTALS ASSESSMENT TEST
Laurent, YZYadwords.com, 17 January 2018
As you probably know AdWords Fundamentals certification, or AdWords Fundamentals Assessment as it’s called now, finally is moved to Google Academy for ads interface. As a result, from 17th January 2018, all AdWords certifications are only available on Academy for ads.
Sounds like a big change? Well, not quite.
Let’s see what is changed and what you should know passing AdWords Fundamentals Assessment test in particular. Long live Academy for Ads.
New home, same faces…
As we know, Google Partners module was focusing more on certification for agencies and digital professionals. Now, all exams are integrated into Academy for Ads.
So, Google certifications and training are available in one place. Great. All 9 exams now are accessible in Academy for Ads – AdWords Fundamentals Assessment, Search, Display, Shopping, Video, Mobile advertising exams. In addition 3 not
“Training and Certification in one place. Long live Academy for Ads”
AdWords Fundamentals Assessment. What’s New?
Honestly, I was waiting for an UPDATE. With no luck. I could call this a nice polishing, but not an update I was expecting. It worth mentioning, that many digital marketing professionals agree that Google certification exams contain misleading, tricky, outdated or simply poor quality questions. That was a very good opportunity to change this.
“65 questions in 90 min during assessment. In fact, 128 possible different questions in total. All in PDF. 100% corect….”
So, what is changed?
- The Name. This exam was called AdWords Fundamentals Certification in Google Partners. Now, it’s AdWords Fundamentals Assessment in Google Academy for Ads. Not a big deal, right?
- Time control and the number of questions. Now, you get 65 questions in 90 minutes. Was 100 questions in 120 minutes. But there is a huge BUT. Now, AdWords fundamentals Assesment has 128 possible different questions. It means, that every time you take the exam, you get 65 random questions from these 128. And, in random order. That’s a big deal and great exam quality improvement.
- Visual representation. Exam interface was visually changed. Also, few questions were added where you need to choose several answers. It’s a new question format in Google exams. In general, looks nice. In my personal opinion, text during the exam is little more difficult to read and all these animations look kitschy. But I believe that many of you will like it more. In addition, Google Academy for Ads structure somehow is very similar to Facebook blueprint learning center.
- New questions. More than 30 new questions were added to this exam. Some old questions were removed. In my opinion, it’s just great as fundamentals really need to be updated more frequently. Worse, that quality wasn’t improved much.
Too big to fail? or… Too big to not to fail
Thanks to Google AdWords certifications misleading questions what inspired me to start this little project…
Let me give the example. Here is the old, famous question from AdWords Fundamentals Certification.
Target cost-per-acquisition (CPA) bidding can help drive conversions by using your conversion history and:
- cost-per-click (CPC) goals to raise your bid when a conversion is more likely
- cost-per-acquisition (CPA) goals to show the optimal ad when a conversion is more
- cost-per-acquisition (CPA) goals to raise your bid when a conversion is more likely
- cost-per-click (CPC) goals to show the optimal ad when a conversion is more likely
Which answer is correct?
First, check this short explanation based on Google help – “target CPA is an AdWords Smart Bidding strategy that sets bids to help get as many conversions as possible at the target cost-per-acquisition (CPA) you set. AdWords sets these bids to achieve an average CPA equal to your target across all ad groups and campaigns using this strategy.”
I guess you’d bet for number 3, Right? Well, me too. But the fun part is that “it was!”…
The correct answer almost 2 years passing AdWords Fundamentals exam was number 3. But, now, suddenly, if you want to get 100% correct result during this AdWords Fundamentals Assessment test, you have to choose the option number 1!
Please don’t, ask me to explain this…
About PDF file with AdWords Fundamentals Assessment test Answers
PDF file which is available on this site contains all possible questions from Google AdWords Fundamentals Assessment test. It’s a searchable file with verified and correct answers.
Consider that with Exam errors made by Google exam creators (as in the example above) it’s extremely difficult to get a perfect result even you are an expert in Adwords. It took me a while to find this error…